Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 29, 2010

Spanish Woman Owns the Sun


Angeles Duran, a 49 year old Spanish woman now owns the sun. Yup you read that right. She had the star registered on Friday at a local notary as being her property.

There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it does not say anything about individuals.
"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

Duran now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund. She would dedicate another 10 percent to research, another 10 percent to ending world hunger -- and would keep the remaining 10 percent herself.

I can see it now, you have a couple choices of a "sun plan", restricted and unlimited use and will pay overrage charges and will have rollover sun minutes.

She ended with, "It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's well-being, why not do it?"

Lady, I'm not going to pay for the sun. However I wonder if an individual can take ownership of air?... I'd be a billionaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment