Before you go out and buy those toys for the good girls and boys, you may want to review "The Shrink Tank" which gives the top 10 Holiday Gifts that will cause them long lasting psychological issues. Crap, that explains soooo much!
Here are some of my favorites:
2. The Game of Life. Ah yes, there's nothing better than a board game reminding you that you could easily be condemned to a lifetime of underpaid salaries, house fires, bankruptcy and childlessness.
3. Fisher Price Medical Kit. Hypochondriacs rejoice! Now every cough, sniffle, or boo-boo can be treated as a major medical emergency.
7. Curious George. He's an impulsive monkey with a pathological lack of attachment anxiety. Do you really want your child emulating this behavior? Hopefully your insurance plan covers stimulant medication.
9. Tickle Me Elmo. Tickling a giggling furry creature is a sure-fire way to kick-start sexual fetishism.
10. Etch-a-sketch. Your child will spend hours working on a deeply meaningful artistic creation, only to have it wiped away at the slightest jostling. A psychologically devastating reminder of the ubiquity of loss and the ephemeral nature of existence. Also, no building sand castles on the beach.
For the whole top 10 you may read here and enjoy