Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Princess-ification of the Holy Bible


When I was younger I went to a Christian camp which wasn't all that bad except for the early morning bible -prayer sessions and the sing alongs about Jesus. Unfortunately for them, they didn't get me. I asked way too many questions and didn't like it's take on women (yes I was pro-ladies rights at the early age of 10).
Now if during one of those bible reads a counselor was to put this pink shit on my lap, I would have run for the hills. I really can't put it much better than this Amazon.com reviewer:

"If you think that the Bible, new testament and old isn't quite enough to convince your daughter that she is a base, debauched, sinful, disobedient child that is at the root cause of all that is wrong with the world.

If you think she is getting dangerously close to employing her own critical thinking skills, of using her own autonomy as a human being and actualising her own destiny in the 21st century.

If you think she might be thinking of living a life free from the sense of guilt imposed on her simply because of her gender and species.

Of maybe making sense of reality on her own terms?

Try this!

Its just as dehumanising as the bible is. Only now its in pink!"

No comments:

Post a Comment