Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christine O'Donnel finally figures out the 1st Amendment of religious freedom


Christine O'Donnell never ceases to amaze me with her stupidity! I haven't been able to focus any posts on her because I just didn't know where to begin. Should it be that she practiced witchcraft or that she is anti-masturbation? So as hard as this decision has been for me, I think that her post will be about her lack of knowledge of the Constitution. More specifically the First Amendment. Her opponent Chris Coons said that creationism, which he considers "a religious doctrine," should not be taught in public schools due to the Constitution's First Amendment. He argued that it explicitly enumerates the separation of church and state.
"The First Amendment does?" O'Donnell asked. "Let me just clarify: You're telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment?"

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," Coons responded, reciting from memory the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

"That's in the First Amendment...?" O'Donnell responded.
Yeah, lady, that is the First Amendment. Also I just want to point out that in the video of the debate she roles her eyes as if she doesn't believe this is accurate. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment